KR Foundation address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation, and safeguard the planetary boundaries.
The mission of KR Foundation is to help provide answers to, stimulate mind shifts about, and encourage action on, the long-term challenges faced by current and future generations living on a planet with finite resources, fragile ecosystems, and climate change. Read more about our mission here.
As a philanthropic foundation, KR Foundation typically engages in areas where neither governments nor markets actors seem to have incentives to act. Not restricted by short-term considerations and profit concerns, KR Foundation engages in non-profit activities with long-term impact on our climate and environment.
KR Foundation prioritises communication and advocacy activities within our program areas but will also consider proposals in other areas with a high potential for impact that meet our general criteria for funding. Please contact the Foundation prior to submitting a proposal that does not match the Foundation’s program areas.
Please note that KR Foundation does not fund local and community-based activities unless they are truly scalable and have a clear international perspective. Proposals focusing on local development activities will not be considered.
General criteria for funding
KR Foundation address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation, through supporting activities that:
- provide scalable solutions with a clear international perspective and a significant impact
- have a holistic and interdisciplinary approach, including activities that aim to change mind-sets and behaviour
- have convening power, facilitate cooperation between key stakeholders and help to link existing research and knowledge to action
- help catalyze desired political processes at an international level and support new leadership (top-down approach) as well as activities aiming to communicate and create awareness (bottom-up approach)
- take risks and potentially contribute to transformative and systemic change, and challenge conventional wisdom by exploring alternative and creative approaches
KR Foundation does not support:
- Issues other than climate change and environmental degradation
- For-profit organizations and activities
- Candidates for political office
- Individual government organizations at the national, regional or local level, including provincial and city administrations
- Individuals, e.g. scholarships
- Capital construction or endowment campaigns
- Establishing new organizations, institutes or centers with KR Foundation as sole funder
- Local and community-based activities that are not scalable and that do not have an international perspective, including development projects in developing countries
- Clean energy solutions and market ready solutions, including energy efficiency in buildings
- Nature conservation projects, including projects focused on single species
Size of grant
KR Foundation’s grants typically range from DKK 0.5m to DKK 5m with a duration of up to approx. 3 years.
Fonte: KR Foundation